Friday, March 8, 2013

Freddy's Friday Fairytale Find--The Art of Notewriting

When I was younger, before email or computers even existed I used to love when I came home from school and there was a letter for me. The anticipation of who it might be from and why were they writing to me... To invite me to a party, to thank me for something, to just let me know how they were doing.
When I went away to summer camp, I used to live for the mail delivery. What was going on with everyone at home -- how were they faring without my presence.

Still to this day, I still love getting handwritten notes--perhaps even more because it has become a lost art. I love sitting down to write someone a note as well. It feels warmer and more personal than shooting off an email. I even incorporated personalized notes from Freddy, the magic FTW frog with every online order. The kids just LOVE getting a note just for them.


I have insisted that my children learn how to write thoughtful thank you notes as well.

Recently, I learned that friend of mine, Sarah Pasquesi, a fellow hockey mom started a notecard business  (SolsiP Designs). She gave me a whole set "just because". She had no idea I would even write about them on my weekly blog. 


They are beautiful and personalized with my name on it. I just love them. they will be my favorite gift to give this year for birthdays, hostess gifts, or' just because' gifts. They are so reasonably priced as well.

Check out her Etsy page and when you are pondering for a wonderful gift, maybe you will just think of SolsiP Designs SolsiP Designs





No comments:

Post a Comment